thelondonhealthcentre.com

social_facebook_box_blue social_rss_box_orange social_twitter_box_blue

If someone gave you a glass of disinfectant, would you drink it?

 

In fact, many millions of British citizens do that every day - not to be recommended if you are aiming to achieve optimum good health! It is no longer a matter of debate ... drinking chlorinated water on a regular basis can lead to an imbalance in your intestinal flora and immune system that affects your general level of wellness. Independent evidence has confirmed that chlorine is capable of destroying many of the good bacteria that live symbiotically with us in our gut and elswhere in our body. These friendly and highly intelligent microbes help to digest our food and protect us from harm by combating foreign invaders.

 

For the last hundred years or so, chlorine has been added to the UK water supply in order to kill dangerous bacteria, viruses, and parasites, including E. coli. That's fine, we need to be protected from harmful micro-organisms - but is it wise to actually drink the stuff? Some deluded 'experts' often confuse 'safe' with 'healthy' - they are NOT necessarily one and the same! Therefore it makes good sense to remove chlorine from your water supply at the point of use, thereby preventing this powerful disinfectant from harming humans or pets.  

 

Studies have shown that chlorine in your shower and bath water can be just as damaging, if not more so. That’s because skin is our largest organ, and it can easily absorb toxins if the molecules are sufficiently small in size. Chlorine from drinking water can enter your body in several ways, including ingestion. You also inhale chloroform - a byproduct of chlorine - when you take a hot shower or bath. According to Science News, researchers found increases in chloroform in study participants’ lungs of about 2.7ppb after a 10-minute shower. Warm water further opens our pores, so the combination of what your skin absorbs and your lungs inhale during a 10-minute shower is greater than the amount you would ingest drinking eight glasses of water from the same tap! Studies at the University of Pittsburgh found less chemical exposure from ingesting chlorinated water than from showering or washing clothes in it. The study found that, on average, absorption through the skin was responsible for 64 percent of waterborne contaminants that enter the human body.

 

So, not only is it unhealthy to drink chlorinated water, but it’s even more damaging to your health when you shower or bathe in it. In America, the Environmental Protection Agency's own scientists agree:

"There is a lot of well founded concern about chlorine. When chlorine is added to our water, it combines with other natural compounds to form Trihalomethanes (chlorination byproducts), or THMs. These chlorine by-products trigger the production of free radicals in the body, causing cell damage, and are highly carcinogenic" ... “Although concentrations of these carcinogens (THMs) are low, it is precisely these low levels that cancer scientists believe are responsible for the majority of human cancers in the United States“.

 

Simply stated, chlorine is a poison that kills virtually all living organisms. When we drink water containing chlorine it harms us, destroying cells and tissue inside our body. Dr. Robert Carlson, a highly respected University of Minnesota researcher who’s work is sponsored by the Federal Environmental Protection Agency, sums it up by stating: “The chlorine problem is similar to that of air pollution ... chlorine is the greatest crippler and killer of modern times”.

 

Breast cancer, which now affects millions of women world-wide has recently been linked to the accumulation of chlorine compounds in human breast tissue. A study carried out in Hartford Connecticut - the first of it’s kind in North America - found that: “women with breast cancer have 50% to 60% higher levels of organochlorines (chlorination byproducts) in their breast tissue than women without breast cancer.”

 

One of the most shocking conclusions scientists have drawn from numerous studies is that up to two-thirds of our harmful exposure to chlorine is due to inhalation of steam and skin absorption while showering and bathing. A warm shower opens up the pores of the skin and allows for accelerated absorption of chlorine and other chemicals in water. The steam we inhale while showering can contain up to 50 times the level of chemicals than tap water due to the fact that chlorine and most other contaminants vaporise much faster and at a lower temperature than water. Inhalation is a much more harmful means of exposure since the chlorine gas (chloroform) we inhale goes directly into our blood stream. When we drink contaminated water the toxins are partially filtered out by our kidneys and digestive system. Airbourne chlorine vapour is known to be a strong irritant to the sensitive tissue and bronchial passages inside our lungs, it was used as a chemical weapon in World War II. The inhalation of chlorine is a suspected cause of asthma and bronchitis, especially in children, which has increased 300% in the last two decades (USA statistics). “Showering is suspected as the primary cause of elevated levels of chloroform in nearly every home because of chlorine in the water.” Quote: Dr Lance Wallace, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fluoride may be in your toothpaste and even your drinking water. Fluoride is a neurotoxin - there is no doubt about that. Supporters of fluoride claim this industrial waste by-product protects the enamel on childrens teeth. Observational studies from the European Union show no reduction in children's fillings or tooth decay - in other words, fluoride in tooth-paste has no protective benefits for children or adults. However, fluoride easily passes through the lining of the mouth (mucosa) and has been shown to then enter the thyroid gland ...  you do not want this to happen!  Dentists and other so called experts say that the amount of fluoride ingested per day is not sufficient to do any harm. But what they don't say in Public is that the body retains up to 50% of ingested fluoride (including chlorine by-products or THMs) and cannot easily get rid of these poisonous chemicals. And if you happen to have a sluggish lymphatic system then the retention in your body's cells and soft tissue can be even greater over time. Click here for further opinion:

https://www.ihealthtube.com/video/youll-be-shocked-connection-between-fluoride-and-iq